I took an independent study in which I was going to explore using a special 3D television, but due to complications involving having access to the equipment and information, I was not able to complete it. So instead I made a game created with 3D graphics from Cinema 4D. It was a simple idea that I’ve had for a while, so it worked out nicely.
The Perfect Martini is my first ActionScript 3 and my final project for QTVR & Multimedia Design. We had to come up with an environment that was visually attractive. My site is for the fictional One Vodka company, and the user gets to explore a kitchen, collecting ingredients to make his or her perfect martini.
Coda was my final project for Dynamic Persuasion Design. Our assignment was to create a viral site that would offer a service, have a reason to make people come back, and be passed around. My idea is a site that you tell it your favorite bands and musical artists, and it tells you of any recent releases. To do so, it has to use information from Amazon.com, so I had to learn how to use the Amazon API. I ran into a bunch of technological snags in this project, and maybe that’s because I’m not really a hard-core programmer. I wrote a little
case study that explains some of the problems I encountered, so if anyone else runs into them maybe that can help.
A project for Career Skills, I made a simulation game of running a factory. You need to cut down trees, pump oil, and release toxic fumes into the air and dump waste barrels into the sea. The game would be for some sort of ‘Go Green’ site or maybe even anti-corporation, as the user looses after a few minutes as they run out of forest to cut down.
Project 1 for Dynamic Persuasion Design, a quick two week project that allows users to upload text to a database. A person can submit a dream they have had, look at others, and send their ‘post’ to a friend via. email.
For QTVR we have to shoot and construct two photo montages. Pat and I went to downtown Rochester this morning and shot some photos.
So classes have started back up at RIT, and my first project this quarter is for a class called Dynamic Persuasion Design with Jason Arena. The whole course focuses on user generated content, and this project is only about uploading text to a database and then displaying it. My concept is that people are encouraged to submit dreams that they have had to share with other users. I’ve done comps for the project, and a very basic prototype, and now I am working on getting it actually coded and fully designed, as it is due on Wednesday.